Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Noah's Loaf - Resorts World Sentosa

I am a strong proponent of learning to use the Conceptual Massing Editor in Revit by modeling the buildings we see everyday.  Well, this one, The Maritime Museum at Resorts World Sentosa, had been bothering me for a while.



I am not aiming to accuratley recreate the form.  I am more interested in generating a family that could get me there!  So in this post i'll tackle the general, boat-like shape and in another week I'll go for the ribs and other stuff.  So join me as we look at how i did this...



and this...



and this...



and this...

Its a long way to the top....



This is the list of parameters if anyone is interested, notice that none of them are reporting parameters, this is all straight-forward behavior.



Here is a link to the family:

Noahs Ark.RFA


3 comments:

  1. We worked with the Aquarium Architect for the Sentosa Marine Life Park - I just opened the Museum RVT and had a look at the actual in-place Generic Model family that the Aquarium Architect put together to approximate the Museum rib framing for presentation purposes :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey guys, I am Chris from Crossley Architects and I modeled that museum about 3 years ago using blends, extrusions, voids, etc (the functional modelling tools :P). The model took about a day and was completed to a decent level of detail/accuracy. My point is... in my limited conceptual massing experience i have been thoroughly underwhelmed and wonder why someone would spend 5 times longer creating a lesser product. If there is a genuine use for conceptual massing I'd be thrilled to here about it :P

    ReplyDelete
  3. Blimey Chris, Your Mr Grumpy pants today aren't you?

    ReplyDelete